Holland info & Colors
* Reputable breeder in Everett Washington raising hollands for 34 years-Becky #425-337-5860
* never use cedar. It's toxic to bunnies.
*make sure water is available 24/7
*get a feed that is around 15-16% protein, and at least 20% fiber. We feed Purina fiber 3
* we recommend treating your bunny with safeguard , ivormec, and sulmat twice yearly. Safe guard liquid is .2 cc per pound for 5 days. Ivormec is .1 cc per pound. Sulmat is 2 tbsp per gallon of water for 2 days, 1 tbsp per gallon for 4 days.safeguard treats pin worms,ivermectin treats fur mites and other parasites. Sulmet kills and prevents coccidia.
there are many different reasons a bunny can get diarrhea. If it's watery diarrhea, get to vet asap.Flagdyl works amazingly but is perscription only.
our vet of choice is Barclay animal vet. It's located in Oregon city. They spay and neuter,cost is around $80.
if your baby bunny gets diarrhea you can also try treating them with wet tail for hamsters . Also yogurt can be given to boost good bacteria.
*if your bunny, has very small poop, or its strung together, give a chunk or two *of fresh pineapple. You can also give a papaya tablet, each day.a blockage can cause death. Cat hair ball medicine can also be used.
*younger bunnies can usually be litter box trained.
* Hollands love willow branches, and need wood to keep their teeth trimmed,they also like cardboard.
* Hollands do fairly well with cold temps,but have a hard time with heat. You can put a frozen water bottle in cage on days 80+ for them to lay next to.
* if your bunny gets the runs, take food away and offer lots of Timothy hay and water until it clears up.
A great book on rabbits is"The rabbit raising problem solver" I highly recommend it,it will answer questions to most everything.
*Bunnies should always be kept dry, so if housed outside keep under a porch or pAtio.
*Give Timothy hay or orchard grass everyday to keep digestive tract moving.
*treats buns love-bananna, kale,old fashioned oats,parsley,shredded wheat, black oiled sunflower seeds, dandy lions- with no pesticides.some treats shouldn't be given til buns 4 months
*never feed alfalfa to Hollands.
brk. Blue pt.
brk. Sable point
sable- black with brownish tint
brk. Siamese sable
brk. Blue tort
brk. Lilac- grayish with purple tint